Saturday, May 9, 2009

Windows GUI C++ question?

I'm making a postfix calculator in C++ with a windows GUI. There isn't buttons for each number, just a text box where you type in your postfix expression and a result box that displays the result after pressing the calculate button.


I'm using Visual Studio 2008 express, and I've already made the form and buttons.





My question is, how am I going to read in the input from the input box character by character? This is my first foray into GUI programming so I'm kind of confused. Thanks in advance.

Windows GUI C++ question?
This depends on what you bind the "edit box". If you bind it to a string, then after a call to UpdateData() the string will be populated with the contents of the edit box. If you bind it to a CEdit, then you'll have to call CEdit::GetWindowText() to get your string.


No comments:

Post a Comment