Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Learning c++, more?

I've learned:


if statements


loops


switch case


arrays


strings


file i/o


functions





And well... that's it.





Where do you suggest I go to learn more?


for example, I'm a member of the website


http://hackthissite.org/


and I want to be able to do permanent programming mission 1.





To do this, you need to write a program that will check 10


randomly generated, scrambled words, against a wordlist that


you download, and then just submit the un-scrambled words


to the site.





it's not like I need GUI, i can just write the un-scrambled words


to a file, then open it and submit it.. I have 30 seconds it total.





Where do you think I should go to learn how to do this?





This is just an example of something I need to learn to do,


but if you could supply me with a site that will teach me..


basically everything, it would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks

Learning c++, more?
This is an interesting problem. So you have 30 seconds to check all the different combinations of 10 words of some undisclosed length. Since it's an undisclosed length, they could supply an extremely long word which will lag your algorithm down. Normally to find all the possible combinations of a word, you would use recursion, but this is very costly in this case. You can probably use a trie to speed the algorithm up if need be.





However, I would suggest you look into a specific data structure which best suits to solve this problem. (A nice data structures book: http://cpp.datastructures.net/chapters/i... ).





Hope this helps.
Reply:You may also talk to C++ expert live at website like http://askexpert.info/ .


No comments:

Post a Comment